Accessible customer service plan
Altis Recruitment and Technology Inc. (operating as Altis Technology) is committed to excellence in serving all individuals including those with disabilities. We work to create and promote equality for people with disabilities through awareness and open communication. In doing so, we take the following measures into consideration.
Our services are accessible to disabled individuals. Assisted devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, and oxygen tanks are accommodated in our workplace. Our premises are wheelchair accessible. Our staff is trained not to touch or handle any assistive device without permission. We take caution not to move the assistive device or equipment such as canes, walkers out of the customers reach. We make our customers aware of any accessibility features in the area that are appropriate to their needs.
We communicate with individuals with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
For the Hearing Impaired we:
- Speak directly to the individual so they can read our lips if they are able.
- Offer pen and paper for written communication if they are unable to read lips.
For the Visually Impaired we:
- Offer to read out loud to individuals.
- Post policies printed in large, plain format.
- Post on our website in simple formatting which is easy to read.
We communicate with an accompanied intervener or support person. We would take care to speak with the customer who is deafblind and not to the intervener.
For People with Speech or Language Impairments
We speak slowly and clearly, communicate by pen and paper, or their choice of communication method. We are patient while allowing the individual to finish their sentences. When possible we ask questions that may be answered with a “yes”, or “no”.
For People who have Learning Disabilities
We take our time and are patient when communicating with someone with a learning disability. We take into account the customer's disability when communicating with them.
For Customers who have Intellectual/Development Disabilities
We do not make assumptions about what they can and cannot do. We use plain language when communicating with them and provide information one piece at a time.
For those who have Mental Health Disabilities
We demonstrate the same respect and consideration we show everyone else. When communicating, we are confident, calm and reassuring, and if in a crisis situation ask the individual to tell us the best way we can help.
For any disabled persons attempting to access our services, we individualize accommodation as required. As technology continues to change and improve, we will provide the best solution available at that time.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
We are aware that a service animal is not a pet and will refrain from touching or addressing the animal.
If we are unaware as to whether or not the animal is a pet or a service animal, we ask the individual.
We welcome any person who may support our customer by means of communication, assisting with mobility, personal care or medical needs.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is welcome to have that person accompany them anywhere on our premises.
In the reception area, we ensure there is a chair available beside the candidate who requires the assistance of a support person. Additionally, we ensure the consultant has a second guest chair in their office to accommodate seating for the support person. We will take care to direct our communication to our customer and not to the support person.
Should we notice that our customer is having difficulty accessing our services, we ask how we can be of assistance.
Notice of temporary disruption to accessibility
Should a temporary disruption occur we will notify individuals promptly. This notice will be clearly posted and will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for those with disabilities, we will provide prompt notification by way of:
- Telephone, email, poster on main door, elevators and in reception.
- Send email to staff so they can communicate to those affected.
Training for staff
We train all permanent staff members on our accessibility policies including team members in the positions of First Impressions Specialist, Placement Consultant, Recruiter, Corporate Service, Accounting, all Management and Principles of the firm and Temporary Employees.
This Accessible Customer Service Plan will be provided to new staff members during their initial training period, which spans approximately two weeks from their start date.
Our customer service training will be incorporated into our Initial Training Guide. A training log of who was trained when and on what will be maintained.
Training will include
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Our plan related to the customer service standard.
- Video “Service-Ability: Transforming Ontario's Customer”
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Putting our plan in writing
Our written Accessible Customer Service Plan has been added to:
- Our website;
- Printed material posted in Reception;
- Health and Safety Handbook for Internal Employees.
Our customer service plan is in a format which takes into account people with disabilities.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way we provide staffing services to people with disabilities can:
- Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
All feedback will be directed to Accessibility Ambassador. Those offering feedback can expect to hear back from our firm within seven business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization`s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of ours that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Emergency preparedness for employees with disabilities
An individualized plan for emergency preparedness for employees with disabilities will be made if a disability is brought to our attention.
Statement of commitment
Altis Recruitment is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible emergency information
Altis Recruitment will continue to provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Altis Recruitment will continue to provide training to employees and staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training has been integrated into the company’s existing training schedule.
Information and communications
Altis Recruitment is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We have, and will continue to, consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication requirements.
Altis Recruitments website conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
Moving forward, we will continue to take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities:
- Feedback on the way Altis Recruitment provides services to people with disabilities can be submitted via our website or by telephoning our firm. Contact information is posted on our website and in our reception areas.
Altis Recruitment is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will continue to take the following steps to notify candidates and staff:
- When requested the company will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- The company’s Accessible Customer Service Plan welcoming Assistive Devices, Service Animals, and Support Persons is posted on our website and in reception areas.
- During the recruitment and assessment process we communicate with candidates with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability and request that our clients make accommodations accordingly.
Altis Recruitment will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- An individualized plan for emergency preparedness for employees with disabilities will continue to be created should a disability be brought to our attention.
- An Individualized return to work plan will be created for an employee who has been absent due to a disability.
- Accommodations will be made to meet individual needs in the workplace due to a disability which is brought to our attention
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees are taken into account if the company uses performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- To identify and locate opportunities for performance management, career development and redeployment processes that are available to those employees with disabilities, are comparable to those employees without.
Design of public spaces
Altis Recruitment will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify our candidates and employees of the service disruption and of alternatives, if available.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact our Accessibility Officer at:
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.