Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Altis Recruitment & Technology Inc. (operating as Altis Recruitment) respects your right to privacy. The information below outlines how our privacy principles protect your privacy as a key part of our ongoing relationship with you as a valued candidate or client of Altis Recruitment. Our privacy principles apply to all personal information that we collect from you. Personal information means information about you.
The information below describes how we collect your personal information, what we do with it and with whom we share it. We will also describe how we will obtain your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and how you can contact us with any questions or concerns that you have relating to our privacy principles or your personal information.
What personal information do we collect? How do we collect It? How do we use the information?
Those we provide resources to, and those we contact periodically about their current or future staffing needs.
- Contact information
- Types and frequency of staffing needs
- Via the internet (e.g GEDS)
- To provide staffing services
- To share information about Altis Recruitment or related staffing matters
Individuals who are looking for work, or who may be considering a change in employment or career – who are registering for the first time with Altis Recruitment.
The Applicant's resume as submitted by the Applicant including personal contact information, email, address, telephone number, type of position sought, recent employment, education, availability, interest in temporary or permanent positions, salary expectations, and other related information necessary to assess your suitability for placement.
- From the Resume Submitted
- From the Applicant calling Altis Recruitment
- To arrange an Interview
- To keep on file for future placement opportunities
Once an Applicant is interviewed in person by one of Altis Recruitment's Recruiters or Consultants, they become a Candidate who will be considered for immediate and on-going jobs and careers with their Clients.
During the Interview, the Interviewer will ask questions and record responses, including:
Type of Position(s)
- Employment History Major Skills
- Computer/Software Used
- Past Earnings
- Reasons for Job Changes (if any)
- Expected Earnings
- Type of Environment Sought
- Hours Sought
- Limitations in terms of location, hours, environments, organizations
- Areas of Improvements
Testing may be conducted on commonly used software, keyboarding skills, etc. Testing is not mandatory, however, to be considered for administrative positions, it is essential.
Reference Information that we would use before placement, through contacting those referees provided by the candidate via e-mail or by telephone
- In-person Interview
- In-person Testing (sometimes)
- From references provided by candidate
- When a position comes in from a client
- Our team is searching proactively for a skill/fit for an upcoming client need
- When our team is working on a bid or proposal for a client: a search is undertaken using the Candidate Database
- Many candidates are contacted to find out if they are interested and available, mainly by telephone and occasionally by e-mail
- Test results are used to be sure a candidate can perform the necessary task(s) at the level expected by the Client.
- Reference results may be shared with a client if you are being considered for a specific position.
- Your resume may be sent to a client for a current or upcoming position with your permission.
During the Interview, Altis Recruitment may ask about current or past Security Clearances.
Security Clearance Information (what level of clearance exists, location of clearance, file number if known) if being considered for federal government positions.
We may ask a Candidate if they are interested to fill in Security Clearance forms, administered by our Security Officer (SO) and seen only by the SO or Alternate SO.
On the telephone during registration, in person during the interview, at the time of placement.
To place candidates in positions that require the level of Security Clearance they possess.
Once Altis Recruitment places an individual in a position in which Altis Recruitment is responsible for government remittances and is the Employer of record, they become a temporary employee of Altis Recruitment.
- Social Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact Data
- Hours worked during placement
- Rate of pay during placement
Generally by telephone, occasionally by e-mail before the candidate is assigned to the position.
- For payroll purposes, mandatory by Revenue Canada standards
- In the event of emergency, we know who to contact.
When Altis Recruitment puts an Independent Contractor into a Contract.
By telephone, in person or via e-mail just pre-placement.
To complete the placement
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent. Internally, at Altis Recruitment, all information collected is accessible to Staffing Consultants and the Accounting/Operations team so that you may be provided with the best possible service.
When you send us your resume or come in to an interview, you are consenting to Altis Recruitment adding your profile (resume, contact information, key skills) to our internal database.
Personal Information collected including that provided on resumes and your contact information is never sold or open to outside individuals or companies. Our database is used to search for candidates for positions with our clients, to contact those candidates, and to gain their permission to represent them in a specific position or to send their resume.
Removing Yourself from Our Database
Simply e-mail or call your Contact at Altis Recruitment and ask that your record be deleted. If you have been an Assigned Employee or Subcontrator, Altis Recruitment will have to keep information according to Revenue Canada Laws – but only that information that is essential to Revenue Canada will be retained. All other personal information will be destroyed twelve months after you ceased to be an Assigned Employee or Subcontractor.
Altis Recruitment ensures that the personal information it collects and uses is protected against unauthorized access, unintended disclosure, or theft. This protection is provided by a password protected database and a secure hard copy filing system.
If you have Questions about Our Privacy Principles or Your Personal Information
Please contact Altis Recruitment at 1-877-579-5808 and ask to speak with our Privacy Officer.